Here are six easy tips to help you get top dollar for your home.
Here are six easy things you can do to maximize your home’s value:
- Paint. Make your home look fresh by painting the walls, trim, and interior doors in a neutral color. You should stick to one color palette throughout; warm white is my personal favorite.
- Update your flooring. Wood floors continue to be buyers’ preferred choice. If you have hardwood floors, refinish them with a natural-looking stain. If your home has tile, consider regrouting it for an updated look. Check under your carpets for hardwood floors.
“A Little Can Go a Long Way.”
- Regrout bath and kitchen tiles. This instantly gives these rooms a fresh look, and it won’t break the bank.
- Declutter. When it comes to selling your home, less is more. Make sure counters are free of clutter, put away family photos, and opt for white linens and neutral-colored rugs.
- Stage your home. Statistics show that staged homes sell for 10% more on average. Hiring a stager isn’t a luxury, it’s a necessity.
- Freshen up your curb appeal. Your home’s exterior is just as important as the interior. Simple things like power washing and landscaping can go a long way.
If you have any questions about these tips or other real estate topics, feel free to give me a call.